One of the ways to improve your ukulele playing is to play in front of others. Nobody wants to play their ukulele badly when playing to an audience. So here are ten good reasons, in no particular order, to play for others as suggested by kids:
- It provides an incentive to practise.
- You can tell if your playing was good by the applause you receive. If you get a standing ovation – wow!
- It can make your playing more popular
- It boosts your self esteem
- It makes you look cool
- It can give you a bigger profile
- A talent scout may pick you up
- Your confidence improves
- You inspire others to play
- You do it for the pleasure of sharing.
On Thursday the Kapiti Primary School senior and junior ukulele groups performed a range of songs at Coastlands Shopping Mall, Paraparaumu, New Zealand. The kids had a good time and a new audience to applaud them. They enjoyed playing and loved the ice-blocks they got at the end (REASON 11). View the photos of them performing below.